arrow_back WebXR- reality mixed experiences
Building the Map front-end for Kerala Rescue
Submitted by Aswin Mohan (@aswinmohanme) on Tuesday, 15 January 2019
Section: Student Technical level: Beginner
During the Flood of 2018, I created and maintained the Map frontend of KeralaRescue with a lot of help from contributors and volunteers. In this talk I will outline my journey with the map from it’s inception to it’s discontinuation.
The talk will consist of these sections
- How the idea for the map was conceived
- What technologies were used in building it
- How it became the official map of Kerala Rescue
- The technological challenges in building it
- How Open Sourcing it and external contributors made it from a barely functioning prototype to a full functioning App
- The role of transparent communication in Open Source
- Interest in FOSS
I’m a third year CSE student at College of Engineering Chengannur. I am also the maker of LessPhone Launcher(Previously NoPhone).
I really love the freedom that Open Source brings to our life (Not the freedom about privacy, but the freedom to modify and customise our software to our liking). I love giving back to the software that I use either in code contributions, testing out features and hanging around in the issue tracker.