arrow_back Understanding SSL Certificates generation and it's Process
Digital Activism; the need and you.
Submitted by Kannan V M (@kannanvm) on Monday, 7 January 2019
This talk is mostly about,
- History and evolution of technology
- Present day status of technology
- Present day problems
- The need of Knowledge Freedom, Guerilla Open Access Manifesto, wikimedia and copyleft.
- The need of Free Software Philosophy and libre alternatives
- Various aspects privacy at individual level and society level
- Surveillance and censorship
- Digital activism and forms of it
- How to be a digital activist
detailed content is available here: https://pad.disroot.org/p/digiactivism
Technology is evolving with tremendous pace since the industrial revolution. Industries has changed, business has changed, our politics has changed. And this transition also has reflected on the issues the humankind face. The problems we face got more and more technical, same for the solutions. But unlike history these issues are mostly ignored, maily because of the complex and closed nature of technology.
This might be the critical time where we should give a political perspective to technology. Knowledge isn’t free, Aron shwartz had to give his life to share the knowledge he could access. Attempts to deny privacy to the citizen by both state and corporates. Cambridge analytica and examples set by China are ignored and forgotten.
We need digital activism, various forms of it. We need wikipedia editors to government representatives to advocate digital rights.
A wikipedian, free software promoter, Privacy advocate, political activist.
Member of Freesoftware Community of India, Wikimedians of Kerala, FreeSoftware User Group Thrissur, Kerala Sasthra Sahithya Parishad.
Working at Alpha Fork Technologies, a IT company with free software policies.