The Definitive Guide to Webpack
Submitted by Shreyansh Pandey (@weirdpanda) on Tuesday, 28 November 2017
Technical level: Beginner Status: Rejected
- What is a module? S-o-C?
- Why would I want to use a module loader over
- The current arsenal
- What is it? And why do I love it.
- The working of webpack
- A simple example
- Let’s Code
- A simple React application
- Without webpack; the way to do things
- Entrypoint, modules, plugins… introduction to the jargon
- A simple Webpack config
- Adding images and CSS
- Adding automatic HTML parsing
- Tools to make your dev workflow better
- Code splitting
- Optimisations for production
- Refractoring to make your management easier
- Babel (ES*)
- Q and A
A laptop. A working internet connection. This talk is primarily for front-end developers, however, whoever wants to get their feet wet with some React or Angular 2.x, this can be a gentle introduction to an inevitable piece of tooling you’ll use.
I am Shreyansh, a 19-year old backend (and sometimes frontend) developer from India currently living in Seattle, WA. I am a self-taught programmer, and owning to that, I have had the great fortune of working with startups of all sizes. While working with them, I have had to introduce myself to various concepts, most of which were really frustrating. With this talk, I aim to level down the complexity to a point where everyone understands and fully comprehends what I am talking about and, maybe, use it in their workflow.