Defending Privacy and Digital Democracy; Political existance of Free and Open Software Software
Kannan V M
India is a country that considers privacy as a fundamental right, but is it protected in the digital world? While it being a close to impossible task to make a policy on Privacy on digital world, how can we make sure our rights are not being tampered? Why a software should be free (as in freedom) should be the minimum condition for being a secure choice? This talk will briefly go through the threats and what are the Free Software solutions that respects your privacy and maintains Digital Democracy.
- Current state of Privacy.
- Why Privacy should be the debate of the century.
- How to defend your digital freedom.
- Free software alternatives in social media.
- Brief introdction about Ring, Riot, Jitsi, Diaspora, Signal and Mastodon
- Companies with a freesoftware policy.
- Net neutrality and digital freedom.
No requirements. But if you bring a Mobile or Laptop, its possible to install your desired software and we can make a fossmeet chat group in riot.
Kannan V M, Freelance web developer, Freesoftware contributor and promoter, Political Activist, Wikipedia/media contributor.. etc. etc.