Big Data Analysis on OpenStreetMap
Digital maps have brought in a massive change in our real world interaction. How about making the digital maps work for us to understand what’s beyond our eyes? From assessing infrastructure problems in your locality to computing forest cover worldwide, map data hold the key to all our pressing questions.
The session will give the audience a basic idea of Open geospatial analysis and an ability to think beyond our regular usage of digital maps.
- Introduce OpenStreetMap
- Data availability & extraction
- Talk about the volume of data
- Touch upon data format & vector tiling
- Introduce tile-reduce
- Elaborate tile reduce usage
- Introduce turfjs
- Analysis with turfjs
- Present use cases/live examples