Introduction to Google Cloud with Python
Submitted by Jackson Isaac (@jacksonisaac) on Sunday, 24 December 2017
This workshop will focus on students and participants interested in cloud computing and python. The workshop will cover everything from basics like setting up python environment and google cloud account to some advanced topics like Image processing and OCR using Compute Engine.
The workshop will proceed as follows:
1. Introduction to Python
2. Setting up Python environment
3. Introduction to Google Cloud
4. Setting up GCloud SDK
5. Installing GCloud packages for python
6. Writing a sample gcloud application
7. How to run an instance (Debian VM) on gcloud
8. Introduction to Image Processing and OCR
9. Image Processing and OCR using Compute Engine
Laptop and an open mind to explore and learn.
Alumnus of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India and TU München, Germany.
Google Summer of Code 2017 Organization Admin and 2015 Student Developer with The MacPorts Project.
Developer by profession and student by heart.
Data Science and AI enthusiast.
He is currently working on Big Data, Machine Learning, Image Processing and Cloud based projects.