Previous proposalDebian packaging hackathon
Next proposalEmbedded Systems Programming using Rust (workshop)
Debian - The project, process, and people
Submitted by Balasankar C (@balasankarc) on Saturday, 23 December 2017
Technical level: Beginner Status: Confirmed
A brief introduction to the Debian community. Will be talking on the architecture of the project, the workflow of development of the OS, how the community works and how decision making happens in the project. Also will be talking about possible contribution opportunities for newcomers and how it will help them prosper in the FOSS world based on my personal experience.
- Debian project architecture, workings and process.
- Communities and how they work/interact collaboratively
- Governance - Resolution of disputes and decision making in the project
- Contribution - Where to start, what all are the possibilities - technical and non-technical
- Advantages - How it can help a newcomer in FOSS world - Personal experience
Passion to FOSS
- Debian Developer
- Have been speaking about Debian and related topics for last few years
- Somone who got a job because of their Debian contributions. :D