Kubernetes 101 ( Workshop )
Submitted by Rahulkrishnan R A (@rahulkrishnanfs) on Saturday, 28 October 2017
Kubernetes builds upon 15 years of experience of running production workloads at Google, combined with best-of-breed ideas and practices from the community.This workshop gives you Hands on to understand, how to start setting up and use Kubernetes cluster and how to deploy the containerized application.
Some of the areas we’ll be covering is
1) Why to use kubernetes cluster to manage the docker - Will give an overview about the kubernetes cluster usage in realworld application deployment
2) Concept of kubernetes - Discuss about various services availabe in the kubernetes nodes to activate the cluster
3) Kubernetes cluster creation - Cluster will be created using kubeadm either in any platfrom
4) Access the kubernetes cluster - Demostrate how to access the kubernetes API server and how to access kubernetes using kubectl tool
5) Create a deployment yaml file to deploy the application in kubernetes - This gives handson experince to use kubernetes workloads such as Deployment, POD etc..
6) Create a service to access the application from the external world - This will demostrate how we can access our application from the external world
Laptop with Ubuntu and virtualbox
Account in Google Cloud Platfrom or AWS
Installation method we follow in the workshop
Rahulkrishnan R A is a very passionate techie. He has done multiple contributions to Debian and OpenEBS. His interests are in Microservices, Containers and Automation. He is an Organizer of CNCF Kubernetes official Meetup group, Chennai
Currently, He is working as a consultant at Capgemini. He is playing an important role in Capgemini to migrate applications to various container platform. He has given talks at few occasions about OpenEBS containerized storage for containers at Chennai Campus, Chennai Docker Meetup and done one workshop in Mini Debian Conference, Pune, 2016