arrow_back What next after Rails - an introduction to Phoenix
Drupal module development workshop arrow_forward
Building and deploying your Python-Django application
Submitted by Tony Thomas (@tonythomas01) on Tuesday, 22 December 2015
- Know about Model View Controller Frameworks
- Code and build your first Django application
- Understand how easy web development is, rather than raw coding the entire logic
- Make use of common libraries, OAuth, Haystack search ( if time permits )
- Deploying your Django appliaction via Redhat openshift
The workshop aims at showing how easy it is to build an application with Python-Django, rather than buidling applications the wrong way, without a framework. Effective use of the MVC framework can ease the life of a web-dev, and knowing a secure framework like DJango hikes productivity and market value.
- GNU/Linux installed machine
- git/python-django/other packages ( which can be installed later )
- Founder of www.thinkfoss.com, with web experience of 4+ years.
- Mediawiki Developer, maintains and have written multiple extensions, which are installed in production ( 750+ wikis, including en-wiki ). [ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:01tonythomas ] and have talked at their international Hackathons and Summits
- Coded the backend of www.thinkfoss.com and www.healthxplore.com in Python-django.